Biblical Ephesus Tour (Private and Half-Day) Itinerary
You will be picked up by your guide from your meeting point. Your first stop will be the Temple of Artemis, where you will spend about 15 minutes. You will enter Ephesus from the upper city of ancient Ephesus ruins with your guide. You will be admired by;
- Celsus Library which is the highlight and masterpiece of Ephesus
- The largest Greco-roman theater of the Ancient World
- Hadrian Temple
- The Marble Street
- The Odeon
- The Temple of Domitian
- The Commercial and State Agora
- Double Church (The Church of Mary) wherein 431 AD. the Third Ecumenical Council was organized.
After you will visit all of them when you are on the way to The Basilica of St. John the Evangelist (where he was buried).
After you all have seen the sites you will have your lunch in a Turkish local restaurant with delicious homemade Turkish food. There are options for vegetarians and gluten-free.
Sites to Visit
- Temple of Artemis: One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Ancient City of Ephesus: The largest uncovered the Ancient City of Turkey.
- Double Church: First Church of the ancient city of Ephesus.
- Basilica of St. John: The burial place of St. John.
This will be your Private Half-Day Ephesus Tour, which means the duration of your tour depends on your interest. For the general idea, you will spend about 4 or 5 hours on this tour.
Recommendations: There are uneven ancient streets in Ephesus, please have your comfortable shoes and clothing, If you visit in summer please get your hat and sunblock creams and water.
Private Ephesus Tour price is changing according to the number of adults. Please ask the price.
Children; younger than 8 years old are free of charge, over 8 years old will be charged an adult price because of entry fees. (Children under 8 years old need to have ID or passports to be charged free of charge)
PS: We would like to introduce to you the local cultural aspects of Ephesus showing handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching–Village and Ceramic Center or Leather Company – An Opportunity Not To Be Missed!