Archaeological Ephesus Tour (Private and Full-Day) Itinerary
You will be picked up by your guide from your meeting point. Your first stop will be the Temple of Artemis, where you will spend about 15 minutes. You will enter Ephesus from the upper city of ancient Ephesus ruins with your guide. You will be admired by;
- Celsus Library which is the highlight and masterpiece of Ephesus
- The largest Greco-roman theater of the Ancient World
- Hadrian Temple
- Roman Baths
- The Marble Street
- The Odeon
- The Temple of Domitian
- The Commercial and State Agora
- Terrace Houses
While you have been visiting Ephesus, you will enter Terrace Houses which are the houses of rich Romans where you will explore the magnificent mosaics, frescoes, and glorious marble floors and walls. The houses were built with pre-style courtyard unit architecture and a central heating system.
Your last stop is the Archaeological Museum in which you will see all the original excavated artifacts of Ancient Ephesus.
After you all have seen the sites you will have your lunch in a Turkish local restaurant with delicious homemade Turkish food. There are options for vegetarians and gluten-free.
Sites to Visit
- Temple of Artemis: One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Ephesus City Ruins: One of the best-preserved Greco-Roman Ancient cities and one of the largest open-air museums in the world.
- Terrace Houses: Rich Romans’ Mansions.
- The Archaeological Museum of Ephesus: Displays of all original artifacts of Ancient Ephesus.
This will be your Private Tour, which means the duration of your tour depends on your interest. For the general idea, you will spend about 5 or 6 hours on this tour.
Recommendations: There are uneven ancient streets in Ephesus, please have your comfortable shoes and clothing, If you visit in summer please get your hat and sunblock creams and water.
Private Tour prices are changing according to the number of adults. Please ask the price.
Children; younger than 8 years old are free of charge, over 8 years old will be charged an adult price because of entry fees. (Children under 8 years old need to have ID or passports to be charged free of charge)
PS: We would like to introduce to you the local cultural aspects of Ephesus showing handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching–Village and Ceramic Center or Leather Company – An Opportunity Not To Be Missed!