- Your tour guide will meet you at your pick-up location. You will be briefed about the tour & town and Ephesus on the way. One of the stops is the Temple of Artemis where you will spend 10 to 15 minutes.
- After you are dropped off at the gate of Ephesus ruins, you will start to explore the Ephesus site. Some of the highlights in Ephesus ruins are; Hadrian Temple, Celsus Library, Grand Theatre.
- While exploring Ephesus ruins, you will visit Double Church (The Church of Mary) where the third ecumenical council was convened in A. D. 431.
- Your driver will pick you up at the lower gate of Ephesus and you will drive to The House of Virgin Mary.
- After visiting The House of Virgin Mary, you will have a lunch break in a local Turkish restaurant with traditional Turkish food.
- You will visit The Basilica of St. John which was a great church in Ephesus. Constructed by Emperor Justinian in the 6th century, it stands over the so-believed burial site of John the Apostle.
- The last stop will be at The Seven Sleepers’ Cave where the seven men were thought to have been buried and a church was constructed over this place.
- Drive back to departure location with your guide.
- Your program can be customized depending on your timing as you wish with your guide.
Sites to See
- Temple of Artemis: One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Ancient City of Ephesus: One of the best preserved Greco-Roman Ancient city and one of the largest open air museum in the world.
- Double Church (The Church of Mary): Where the third ecumenical council was convened in A. D. 431.
- House of Virgin Mary: First and only shrine in the world where Muslims and Christians pray together.
- The Basilica of St. John: A great church in Ephesus where St. John is belived to have been buried.
- The Seven Sleepers’ Cave: A grotto where seven young men had slept for two hundred years.
A Full Day Biblical Ephesus tour takes approximately 6 – 7 hours. As it is your private tour, duration of the tour depends on your interest. Your time frame will be organized by your guide as you wish.
PS: We would like to introduce you the local cultural aspects of Ephesus showing handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weaving Teaching-Village and Ceramic Center or Leather Company – An Opportunity Not To Be Missed !
- Professional licensed tour guide throughout the tour,
- All entrance ( The Temple of Artemis, The Ancient City of Ephesus, Double Church, The Basilica of St. John, Seven Sleeper’s Cave and The House of Virgin Mary) and parking fees,
- Private air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle with the driver,
- Transportation from Port/Hotel/Airport and back,
- Traditional Lunch,
- Gift bag, Guide book for highlights of Turkiye.
- Personal expenses, beverages served at lunch,
- Tips for guide and driver.
- Private Ephesus Tour prices varies depending on number of adults , number of individual attractions to be visited and pick up / departure location. Please get your “price quote” before booking.
- For Children, those younger than 4 year old are free of charge, between 5 and 9 year old are charged with the half price, children beginning from 10 year/old are charged with the adult price. Therefore, please inform us about the children’s ages.
- Children need to have ID card or Passport for visiting Ephesus ruins.
- Tours includes uneven and cobblestone areas with inclines and steps. Comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellents are recommended. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid accidents.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.5 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces in ruins.
- Temperatures can reach extreme highs during summer months; We recommend that you have a lot of water and use suitable sunscream while on the tour.